Welcome to Jackasses and Elephants, a Counter- Progressive Blog for all the Right Reasons

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My First Blog

Last week, Kimberly and I got the cameras out there and recorded some scenes of the big snow. At the time I had no idea that I would be doing this blog thing, although I have been pondering the idea for a while.  Sunday I was looking for a link to a site that I had made a post on and somehow came up with this blogger that I had registered on  previously to make a post. I think it was on GeorgiaSports Blog or something. I clicked on the "create a blog" tab and that's how this got started. I had no great vision of what I wanted to do with it. I have interests in sports, politics and other stuff like amateur radio which I haven't found a spot to incorporate into this yet if ever. My main interest in sports is of course college football. We are right here on the cusp of "March Madness" of NCAA Basketball and I have to admit I am not an avid basketball follower, or baseball either so I may have bitten off more than I can chew at this but hopefully over time this blog and I will evolve in diversity of other sports. 

Politically I am right of center. I consider myself to be a conservative, but not totally Republican. Politics isn't something I get into at work, or in church which is about the extent of my social life simply because for me those are the  wrong places  for it.  You never know who is going to be offended accidentally, so I thought here is a great environment to post my views or rants at the time and maybe get some feed back through some healthy political discourse. National Politics always seems to be the center of attention even when we have bone headed local politicians piddling around under our noses with various agendas.  Of course government should be there as a social instrument to resolve issues of one kind or another even if it means getting out of the way to do it. That's something our friends on both the left and right haven't quite figured out yet. 
So, I don't know if this is a going to grow into a sports blog of very amateur content with political distractions or vise versa. I invite anyone who stumbles in here to post your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gallup Daily

Busting Obamacare 3