Welcome to Jackasses and Elephants, a Counter- Progressive Blog for all the Right Reasons

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Big Snow in Bethlehem




As everyone in North and Middle Georgia knows Sunday March 1 2009 was anything but normal. It started out as a rain soaked day, keeping this dog on the porch, and the four legged dogs in their little houses. The ground was completely saturated with water, and my Kimberly, who was suffering from a tooth ache had determined that we wouldn't be going to church. About 1230pm I got a call from my mother who lives about a mile and a half away asking if we had looked out the window.  What a surprise. I had given up on any snow for the year, but this one made up for several years worth. I thought with the ground so saturated with water, the snowfall would just hit the ground and be gone. Another surprise, It accumulated. about three inches worth on the hood of our car. This probably wouldn't have been such a shock had I paid any attention to the weather forecast.
This was a great weather event, aside from the fifteen hour power outage that followed. Fortunately it didn't knock me out of work. I have never heard thunder during a snow, but it did. The precipitation was not snow flakes, it was snow balls, we got bombed and it was great !   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gallup Daily

Busting Obamacare 3