Welcome to Jackasses and Elephants, a Counter- Progressive Blog for all the Right Reasons

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Change

Change we can do without.
 Barack Obama is our President. When he was inaugurated I hoped  for the best, that he would prove me wrong of my impressions of what his Presidency would be like. I still do. So far he hasn't. Unfortunately it may be worse than I could have imagined. I believe that the American electorate has made a terrible mistake. I can understand why so many voted the way they did. Job loses, and a relatively bad final two years of the former administration. A historic election, an epic event in the history of this land. Now what ?? Have liberal fascists hijacked the Office of President of The United States ? I hope not. I hope I'm wrong.
Hope, a simple word that I have now used three times. Change, I think that's a word that became a theme, actually Hope and Change were themes in Senator Obama's campaign to become President. It worked. But, Hope for what? Change to what ? Now that he is President, what has changed ? We no longer are fighting a war on terror, we are engaged in "Ongoing Contingency Operations"(OCO), what an insult to our military. China, and Russia are committing themselves to expanding their military capabilities both conventional and otherwise. According to the UPI the two former communist rivals recently completed their first joint military training exercise. The administration has sent overtures to Iran, and if I'm not mistaken Syria; both supporters of Hezbollah. Two nations that are sworn enemies of one of our closest allies, Israel, as well as state sponsors of terrorism. The possibility of a one world currency. 
A Treasury Secretary that was a Tax Cheat. Have "the nuts taken over the nut house" ?
Then there is the Budget. The President is pushing forward a massive spending fiasco that will be greater than the combined budgets of all administrations  from George Washington to George W Bush. Nearly ten trillion dollars in ten years. Check Card, Cap and Trade, Nationalized Health Care. Go figure. 
 Meanwhile we are so preoccupied with bad economic news, dis- informed by a politically biased media, a government bureaucracy that is so vast there is no way of keeping up with all the policy changes through executive orders. Stroke of the pen, law of the land.   I never thought I would be fearful of the future, but I am. I  have always thought of Thomas Jefferson's words such as those quoted previously (below) as from someone wanting to create a better world than the one they had previously known. But also as a warning to future generations. Now those words are bordering on prophetic. Could it happen here. Has it already happened here. The one that worries me most is Tyranny.
Is our precious Constitution on life support ? Do enough people care ? Or are we so caught up in worldly distractions to notice the surreptitious transformation that is taking place. Is this just my illusion, coupled with post election sour grapes conjuring up a conspiracy theory. 
I hope  so, but I think not.

When a former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives and  history professor uses the "D" word in describing where this administration is orienting, that worries me.
 Big Time ! D is for dictatorship.  Either Time or Newsweek, I think it was Time had Obama portrayed on the cover in the likeness of FDR. He ain't no FDR ! 
I think Albert Einstein said "we all sit on the shoulders of a giant (Sir Issac Newton).
I believe the Giant of our time is Reagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gallup Daily

Busting Obamacare 3